Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

UAS - Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome

It has hit me. This is one thing I feared most about buying my first ukulele; the urge to buy more. It is known as Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome, or UAS for short.

I've read a lot about this, and wondered if it's really true. A lot of people say that one you buy your first ukulele, you'll want to keep buying more. Thankfully, I do not have the money to buy any more ukuleles, but the thought of my next purchase still remains in my mind. Now, I'm not saying this is a bad thing. In fact, I think the ukulele is a nice item that can be collected. I'm just worried about potentially spending a lot of money. I'm also hoping UAS does not take over wanting to learn how to play the instrument itself!

I've been reading a lot about ukuleles, and I've been seeing all of the different kinds there are out there. All of the different woods and size combination. I want to eventually own a ukulele of every size (well, maybe not a baritone), and as many different kinds of wood as I can. I also want to eventually own a ukulele with a built in pickup. I'd really like to be able to play plugged into an amp.

There are also a bunch of beautiful custom made ukuleles, one of which I wish to own in the future. The one kind of ukulele I'm very intrigued about at the moment is the pineapple ukulele. When choosing my first ukulele, I didn't even consider buying a pineapple, but I'm finding them to be so beautiful now. I hope to own a Kamaka pineapple in the, hopefully near, future!

 Isn't it just so beautiful!

So this is a warning to all of you that are looking to purchase your first ukulele. Beware of UAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment