Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Jake Shimabukuro

This is one of the songs that really pushed my to buy an ukulele of my own. Jake Shimabukuro is truly an amazing ukulele player who's song really inspire people. When I first heard Jake's rendition of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, it really changed the way I looked at the ukulele as an instrument. I did not realize what kind of music the ukulele was really capable of making.

I've been trying to learn this song for a few days now, and hope to get the whole song down really soon. Of course, I don't play it nearly as good as Jake doesn't, but I'm really proud of my progress considering that I only started playing the ukulele for about week, and that I've always considered myself "musically challenged".


This is a video of Jake Shimabukuro playing While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I'm sure all of you that aren't new to the ukulele have already seen this, but this is for you all that haven't! I'll be posting my progess as I continue learning the song, and I'm hoping ot get some good comment and critisim from all of you to help me improve overall as a ukulele player.


That's all for now! Peace!
Nico

No comments:

Post a Comment